Friday, February 13, 2015

Celebrate Life's Little Pleasures ~ TEW new release


Hi everyone, Since today is Friday, there is a new release at The East Wind shop. It's called Diva Lisa - Hmmm Cupcake. I just love Diva Lisa. She is so cute and has the most expressive face...fun to colour! As soon as I saw this one, she was a Must-Have.


I coloured Diva Lisa mainly with  Prismacolor pencils with a few Polychromos thrown in for skin tones. Little rhinestones were added for earrings...Lisa deserves a little bling. She was fussy cut and matted with black cardstock before being fussy cut again. Foam dots were added to the back of the image and Lisa was asked to wait before indulging in her treat. Imagine!


The background started as an experimental piece done on bristol paper ages ago. I believe I used Colorwash Denim and Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise sprays through stencils but don't quote me on that. It was a looooonnnnng time ago.I finally decided to do something with my stack of experiments. I cut it to the size I wanted and then layered on some embossing paste through Dina Wakley's Plastic Canvas stencil.

The hearts were die cut from old book paper and then half were spritzed with Funky Fuchsia spray ink. The other half of the hearts I cut were adhered off-set to the pink hearts to create a little more dimension. Doodling was added to them once they were adhered to the background. Two pieces of zigzag washi tape were added to white cardstock and then torn and adhered to the left side of the background. Tiny threaded polka dot buttons were glued on top with Glossy Accents. A black photo corner with white paint dots was added to the top right corner to balance the washi tape.


The sentiment was computer generated and coloured in with gel pen. White dots were added to the coloured portion of each letter. The words were then matted with black cardstock and mounted to the background with foam dots. To complete the background, a border was doodled around the edge and black Big brush pen was used to outline the edges. A piece of black cardstock was adhered to the back and cut to form a mat. I love how that frames and grounds the piece.

Thanks for joining Diva Lisa and me today. We both appreciate that although I can't convince her to share her cupcake with all of us. To see what some of the other talented TEW DT members created with this sweet image, check out The East Wind Facebook Community group. We would love to see what you create with her, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Jackie C said...

TBonnie, this is sooooooooooooooooooooo positive and gorgeous. Your bold colour trademark is awesome!