Monday, July 06, 2015

Christmas in July ~ One Sweet Challenge


Hi everyone. Today marks the beginning of the new challenge theme at One Sweet Challenge. Our theme this month is Christmas in July and for some strange reason, I really struggled with it. Serves me right for thinking it was going to be a breeze...LOL. I loved the image which I chose to colour from Sweet Pea Stamps. She is called Molly Harriston's Little Angel Holding Star. She's adorable and I had lots of ideas for using her on an art journal page but I'm not quite in the Christmas mood yet. I decided to get a jump start on my Christmas cards anyway.


I coloured the little angel with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, adding Clear Wink of Stella to her wing tips and star. I also applied Glossy Accents to the star and metallic silver pen to her halo. She was then fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black, and popped up on foam squares to add dimension.

The background began with a white card base to which I added a black cardstock rectangle with rounded corners. The wintry trees on the designer paper came with glitter glue already on them. Another smaller rectangle was cut, corners rounded, and Tumbled Glass Distress ink used to edge it. Two flags were die cut from green textured cardstock and faux stitching was added in black. Two star buttons were threaded with white and adhered to the end of the flags. Silver greeting stickers were applied to black cardstock and fussy cut for contrast before being adhered to the flags. The finishing touch was the addition of silver metallic faux stitching to the outside edge of the black base. This created the third spot of silver and framed the card.

Thanks for popping by today. Little Angel and I are happy that you did. To see the fabulous projects done by the rest of the One Sweet Challenge DT, pop over to the challenge blog. I am so looking forward to seeing what you create when you play along. believe me...I need the inspiration!if you are looking for inspiration, remember to browse the fabulous images at Sweet Pea Stamps. You are sure to find something to get your mojo going.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: