Sunday, January 31, 2016

Oh, Hi ~ tag inspired by Bloobel Stamps


Hi everyone...or should that be Oh, hi...LOL. I have a super quick post today. I know that's shocking for me. I wanted to share this fun tag I created featuring the image Balloon Heart from Bloobel Stamps. He is so cute just floating by. Don't you just love the look on his face?


I coloured Herbie (HB) with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, adding flat black rhinestones for his eyes. He was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted in black cardstock, and popped up on foam tape. I based the colours I used on the background since it was pre-made.


The background is a Ranger #8 black tag to which a rectangle of packaging was adhered. It was such cool packaging from a pack of Sharpies that I saved it, just waiting for the right projects to use it. I added two clouds die cut from Japanese paper. Before they were glued down, I edged them in Broken China Distress ink and added faux stitching so they would show up better. The smaller cloud is popped up on clear foam tape because they are slightly transparent. Lettering was added to the cloud and the background using stickers. Three little enamel hearts were added to the bottom left corner to balance the design. A pink ribbon was looped into the hole of the tag to finish it. So simple but so fun!

Thanks for joining Herbie and me today. We do appreciate your company. When you get a minute, pop over to Bloobel Stamps and check out the fabulous new images Lisa has added over the past week. They are sure to make you smile!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

~ginny said...

LOL! I love this new digi artist you have found!
Perfect sentiment for him, BTW!
~ginny
RubberMAD